Firefighters battled a chimney fire that required them to cut holes in the roof of a house at 4568 Scheidys Road in North Whitehall Township on Tuesday morning.
A man at the scene told Patch that everyone got out of the home safely.
Scheidys Road is located off Route 329 north of Ironton.
Chimney fires can burn explosively but can also be prevented by proper chimney maintenance -- especially keeping a chimney clean, according to the Chimney Safety Institute of America.
Each year, about 27,000 house fires start in chimneys or fireplaces.
This is the second fire in North Whitehall in two days. Monday morning, an old barn burned next to a slaughterhouse where two horror movies were filmed. That fire is being investigated as a possible case of arson.